- Reason 1: Non LTS Linux kernel
- Reason 2: Upstart
- Reason 3: Services enabled and started by default upon installation
- Reason 4: MySQL (Update: minor issue as MariaDB is also available)
- Reason 5: Questionable security choices
- Reason 6: Compiz & Mir
- Other supposed reasons you should choose Ubuntu
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr) has been released on April 17th 2014, thus this Long Term Support (LTS) version is brand new. So why am I already telling you not to use it?
Well, there are a couple of reasons, so read on!